Friday, June 5, 2009

Single Creed

I chose the site name "SingleCreed" as a sort of description of the Islamic faith. Sadly, few people even know that Muslims believe in the same prophets and the same laws of the Bible. We believe that Adam was the first created man, we believe that Abraham was the father of many nations. We believe that, by God's will, Moses led the Israelites across the split sea, we believe Jonah was in the belly of the whale, we believe in Noah and the flood. We even believe in Jesus. With so many discussions about Islam circulating, the fact that so few American's know even the basics of this religion boggles my mind. I must admit that I was one of those people up until my final year of high school when I was informed that Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are all Abrahamic religions. I was then informed that Islam was predicted to be the leading religion by 2010. At this I rolled my eyes and preceded to post flyers around my high school in support of George Bush's second office term. Young and naive or young and stubborn-minded? Regardless of my annoyance and disbelief upon hearing such news, I have to say that the topic sparked my interest in learning about Islam. All though I never imagined I would become a true faith follower of the religion, I assumed I could learn a thing or two in order to better equip myself in understanding the world. Within time I realized that politics and religion are two very separate things. What a journey it has become. So what does all of this have to do with "SingleCreed"? Muslims believe that the original message given to Adam and then passed on to later generations changed at the hands of man. Hence the reason why so many prophets were sent in order to reiterate the original message. We believe this was continuously reiterated through Jesus up until Muhommed. (No, we don't worship Muhommed.) We believe Muhommed's message was the same one that all of the prophets, including Jesus, had held to. We believe that Muhommed was the final prophet and that God promised that the religion itself would not be contaminated again. Not a single word or creed has been removed from Islam since the Quran was revealed. We believe the creed found in the Quran is the same creed given since the beginning of Adam's existence, therefore we believe in a single creed. This is what my blogs are based on. My blogs emphasize my belief that even through the Bible, this creed can be found and proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. May we all find the straight path. Ameen! Matthew 7: 13 "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." If Jesus is what I say he is (and what he says he is throughout the 4 gospels) this verse makes perfect sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment